PERKINSTON — Mississippi Gulf Coast will be trying to break a six-game losing streak to No. 9 Jones when the Bulldogs travel to Ellisville on Wednesday.
First pitch is scheduled for 3 p.m. The games will be streamed at http://jcjc.tv.
Gulf Coast hasn't beat Jones since 2016, but two wins this time around would jump the Bulldogs over the Bobcats. It would keep them alive in the race for the top spot and greatly improve the chances of hosting home playoff games.
• MGCCC: 23-11/13-7 MACJC, 5th place in conference
• Jones: 29-7/14-6 MACJC, T-3rd place in conference
Last Time Out
• MGCCC shut out East Mississippi 7-0 in Friday's opener, and won 10-2 in the nightcap at Perkinston. Dawson Hall (Fr., East Central/Hurley) three eight innings of one-hit ball to win the first, and Brandon Parker (So., West Harrison/Saucier) had five hits and two RBI in the doubleheader, and Tanner Estill (So., Petal/Petal) drove in three runs in the opener.
• Jones swept Coahoma in Ellisville on Friday, winning 9-1 and 3-2. The Bobcats have an eight-game winning streak.
Gulf Coast lost a pair of games to Jones on April 18, 2018, at Perkinston. Ike Williams (So., St. Martin/St. Martin) had four hits in the doubleheader, and Alden Davis (So., Pascagoula/Pascagoula) drove in five runs thanks to three extra-base hits, including a homer.
"Where we are in the season, in the state race, this is the biggest two games of the year. They're all big, but when you have eight games left, these games are magnified a bit." – Gulf Coast coach Rodney Batts
• Justin Lockey (Fr., Long Beach/Long Beach) hasn't allowed a run in last six relief appearances (5.1 IP, 2 H, 5 K).
• Jacob Roberts (So., Gulfport/Gulfport) hasn't allowed a run or hit in last three relief appearances (4 IP, 7 K).
• Miller Hancock (So., East Webster/Maben) has an eight-game hitting streak.
• Brandon Parker (So., West Harrison/Saucier) is tied for 11th in NJCAA Division II with 10 home runs.
• Cullan O'Shea (So., Mary G. Montgomery/Mobile Ala.) is tied for 13th in the country with 47 RBI.
• Dawson Hall (Fr., East Central/Hurley) is 11th in the country with 62.2 innings pitched.
• Saturday, April 27, at Northeast, 1 p.m., Booneville
• Tuesday, April 30, vs. Southwest, 3 p.m., Summit
• Friday, May 3, vs. Itawamba, 2 p.m., Perkinston
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.
Sports Information Director
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College