The marquee game of the week in Mississippi JUCO football turned into an epic classic between Jones and MS Gulf Coast. The win by MGCCC keeps their playoff hopes alive heading into the regular season finale next week.
MS Gulf Coast 27 Jones 23
- MGCCC LB Mike Smith had 18 total tackles.
- QB Austin Davidson went 16-28 for 236 yards and threw three touchdowns along with 2 interceptions.
- WR Jalen Bracey hauled in 7 catches for 160 yards to go with two scores.
- Jones RB La'Damian Webb rushed for 217 yards on 39 carries.
Hinds 52 East Central 14
- Hinds RB Jeffrey Pittman had 11 carries for 142 yards and three touchdowns.
- EC WR Corey Goldwire had a season best 127 receiving yards to go with one touchdown.
East MS 31 Co-Lin 7
- EMCC QB Jamari Jones went 18-29 for 170 yards with two touchdowns and threw two interceptions.
- EMCC RB Montae Spivey rushed for 77 yards on 16 carries and a touchdown.
- Co-Lin QB Paul Hargrave went 21-37 for 246 yrads with one touchdown and one intercpetion.
Northeast 21 Coahoma 20
- NEMCC gets and interception and blocked PAT late in the game to collect the win.
MS Delta 24 Holmes 15
- MS Delta improves to 4-4 on the season.
- Holmes LB Braxton Bolton led the Bulldogs with nine tackles.
Northwest 41 Itawamba 13
- NWCC RB Jaquerrious Williams rushed for 115 yards and 3 touchdowns on 19 carries.
- NWCC WR E Jai Maison had 8 catches for 85 yards.
In the south division, it is a three-team race for two playoff slots.
MS Gulf Coast is in the toughest position to qualify. The Bulldogs need to win next week vs Southwest and have either Jones lose at Co-Lin, or Hinds lose at Pearl River to qualify.
The North division teams are set. East MS will be the No. 1 seed and Northwest will be the No. 2 seed.
See the full slate of JUCO games around the country HERE